Vehicle malfunctions can be a cause of car accidents. If you start driving your car with a defect in your vehicle than you have a higher chance of getting into an accident. Even if you have a very small defect in your car, you can face a serious accident. It is always better to be more safe than sorry and get your car checked to make sure everything is functioning properly. Heritagefd.com list the 10 most common vehicle defects:
- Seatbelts – The first thing you do when you get into your car is put on your seatbelt. Therefore, it is very important to make sure it is functioning correctly because many times in an accident it will save someone’s life.
- Airbags – Airbags prevent life threatening injuries. It is important to make sure it is functioning properly because if it is set off at a time it does not need to be it can injure the person in front of it. The impact of an airbag can often cause bruising.
- Door latch mechanisms – It is important to make sure the door latch is working properly because if someone is leaning against a door from the inside while the car is moving, the door could launch the passenger from the vehicle.
- Fuel pump – Keeping an eye on your fuel pump and making sure it has enough power is important or else your vehicle will not accelerate.
- Steering components – If your steering wheel is not working properly and you are driving this can cause a serious accident. Make sure that all the components of your steering wheel is working before driving.
- Braking systems – Broken brake systems are very common defects in a vehicle. This can lead to deadly car accidents if you are unable to break your car at a stop light or stop sign especially.
- Windows – Your windows should always be smooth and be able to go up and down.
- Tires – Make sure to check your tire pressure before driving so you are not driving with a flat or popped tire.
- Windshield wipers – It is important to make sure your windshield wipers are working just in case it starts to rain so you can see while you are driving. This can also lead to deadly accidents if not.
- Headlights and taillights – Many car accidents happen at night. It is important to make sure your lights are working properly so you can see while driving to prevent any accident.
If you or a loved one gets into a car accident due to a defect in their vehicle, call The Dixie Law Group at 502-290-2397. We will have one of our experienced attorneys review the case because you may not be at fault. Your first consultation will be 100% free.